HiTorque Mini Mill
- Most powerful mini mill machine in its class
- Most low-speed torque in its class
- No gears in spindle drive
- Largest table and X-Y travel in its class
- R8 spindle and drill chuck
Weight: 177 lb
This product is currently backordered.
What is "estimated availability"?
Click this button if you want to receive an email notification when this product becomes available.
This mill has a solid column. It does not tilt from side to side. This construction is significantly stiffer than the tilting column on other mini mills. This model also includes the air spring head support for even support through the Z-axis range of travel.
The 500 Watt brushless spindle drive motor provides tremendous low-end torque. And you can vary the speed from 100 rpm to 2500 rpm continuously. There are no gears to shift. And, with no gears, the HiTorque Mini Mill machine is the quietest in its class.
The large mill table provides 50% more table area than other mini mills. It also has 30% more travel in each direction. The resettable feed dials allow you to zero them at any point.
The HiTorque Mini Mill has drill press handles for drilling and fast motion of the mill's head. It also has Z-axis fine feed with 0.001" resolution for milling operations.
This machine is shipped completely assembled and adjusted. Machined surfaces are coated with a viscous oil to prevent rust. It wipes off easily with a rag; no solvents necessary.
*NOTE* We ship machines only to the US and Canada.
- 500 Watt output spindle motor
- Large X-Y table
- R8 Spindle for wide tool availability
- Solid column that does not tilt
- NSK brand Japanese-quality spindle bearings
- Gas strut provides even support through the Z-axis range
- Dovetail column maintains head alignment at any height
- Fine feed on Z-axis for precise control
- Three radial handles for drilling
- E-stop safety power switch
- Adjustable Z-axis stop for repetitive drilling
- Neoprene bellows protect horizontal ways
- Adjustable gibs on all dovetail ways
- Includes R8 to 33JT drill chuck arbor and 1/2" drill chuck
|End Milling Capacity||0.6" (16 mm)|
|Face Milling Capacity||1.2" (30 mm)|
|Drilling Capacity||0.5" (13 mm)|
|Table Size||18.1" x 4.7" (460 mm x 120 mm)|
|T-Slots||3 slots 0.47" (12.0 mm) wide|
|X-Axis Travel||11.8" (300 mm)|
|Y-Axis Travel||5.1" (130 mm)|
|Z-Axis Travel||10.6" (270 mm)|
|Throat||6.5" (165 mm)|
|X- and Y-Axis Feed Screws||0.062" (1.59 mm) per rotation|
|Maximum Spindle to Table||11.5" (292 mm)|
|Positioning Accuracy||0.0004" (0.010 mm)|
|Spindle Motor||0.67 hp (500 Watts)|
|Spindle Speed||100 - 2500 RPM|
|Power Requirements||120 V 60 Hz 8 Amps|
|Machine Weight||124 lbs (56 kg)|
|Base Dimensions (W x D)||8.5" x 14.2" (216 mm x 362 mm)|
|Mounting Holes Center to Center (W x D)||7.09" x 11.81" (180.0 mm x 300.0 mm)|
|Overall Dimensions (W x D x H)||23.2" x 19.7" x 36.3" (590 mm x 500 mm x 922 mm)|
|Crated Weight||177 lbs (80 kg)|
|Crate Dimensions (W x D x H)||23.6" x 25.0" x 29.9" (600 mm x 635 mm x 760 mm)|
|3990 HiTorque Mini Mill|
|Solid Column Rigid Base|
|Back View Solid Column Rigid Base|
|The solid column on the left, tilting column on the right. The solid column has significantly thicker walls|
The HiTorque Mini Mill comes with the following:
- Mini Mill Users Guide written by Chris Wood
- Two T-slot nuts
- Two end wrenches
- Four hex (Allen) wrenches
- One spanner wrench
- Oil can (plastic)
- One 1/2" drill chuck and R8 arbor
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
- 1676 Arbor, Drill Chuck R8 to 33JT
- 5510 Chip Tray, HiTorque Mini Mill
- 4239 Digital Position Readout, 3-Axis Magnetic Scale, DRO Pros Mill
- 1212 Drill Chuck, 1/2"
- 1660 Drill Chuck, 1/2" Keyless
- 3153 Drill Chuck, 1/2" Professional Grade
- 5629 Stand Cabinet, HiTorque Mini Mill
- 3818 Tachometer, Spindle, HiTorque Mills & Lathes
- 3489 Tooling Package, R8 Mini Mill
These machines ship by truck because they are simply too heavy and bulky for UPS Parcel Service. We normally ship truck orders a day or two after we receive the order. We add the following shipping cost to your order total:
March 1, 2022 - Recent and unprecedented price increases in truck freight and gas prices, especially to residential addresses, has required us to increase the cost of our truck freight. We hope the future will see a return to normal and historical costs, but until then freight delivery costs have increased.
Freight Terminal (pick-up)
Commercial Address (inc. Limited Access)
**Liftgate (Add liftgate if forklift or loading dock is not available onsite )
*"Local" refers to the parts of Southern California served by Hollywood Delivery Service.
**Liftgate service is included in Local delivery and Residential delivery. A loading dock or forklift is assumed in Commercial, if not available, please add this extra service.
Ensure you choose the correct type of delivery, have a dedicated contact person/number, and are ready on day of delivery.Freight companies charge an additional fee if delivery exceeds 15 minutes.
- Only one shipping charge for entire pallet (up to 700 pounds total). The shipping charges shown above cover the cost of shipping the machine and anything else that you purchase with it, including a second machine, stand, tooling, and accessories.
- A "commercial address" has a sign with company name, a public entrance and posted hours of operation. If you are running a business at your residence without a public entrance and posted company name and hours of operation it is considered a residence and a not commercial address.
- A "limited access" designation is required for “Secured Locations” (schools, colleges, universities, university hospitals, military bases, government facilities, etc.) Please provide accurate details on delivery in special instructions.
- "Terminal Pickup" allows for pickup at local terminal. If there is not a terminal within 50 miles (or 1 hour), we will confirm with you that you still want Terminal Pickup. Terminals tend to be near highways (usually miltiple intersecting) and industrial centers. Only certain terminals allow pick-up.
- "Residential delivery" does not include moving machine into home/garage/workshop or any setup. Delivery is to start of driveway on the street that thedelivery truck can access. (See inside delivery below)
For delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico
We will check with several trucking companies to get the best price and then call for your approval before we ship.
Truck Freight shipping to Canada involves 3 distinct charges in addition to the product costs. (All amounts are in US Dollars, see the current mid-market exchange rate.)
- Canadian Provincial Taxes (GST, PST, HST) depending on which province the shipment is going to. This will be 5% - 15% added to total sales amount depending on province (Canadian Sales Tax).
- Hemisphere Customs Brokerage which handles all customs clearance requirements. This is a flat fee of $108 on any shipment.
- Truck Freight from Southern California to destination in Canada. This is generally $300-$500 for residential liftgate delivery and appointment for single machine + tooling orders. Delivery to a terminal for pick-up or a commercial location with loading capabilities can reduce this cost substantially.
To get a quotation that includes the shipping costs, add the products you want to the shopping cart and continue the checkout process until you reach the Payment page. On the Payment page, select the Quotation option. We will add the shipping costs and return a complete quotation to you within one business day.
Some carriers offer Inside Delivery which gets the machine inside one doorway or into your garage. If you select this we will confirm availability before shipping:
Gets the machine inside 1 threshold (NO stairs, NO gravel, NO tight corners, etc.)
This is simply pushing pallet jack to move crate a little closer to destination or up driveway into garage. NO Uncrating. NO Setup.
Once shipment in transit carrier can not change service or refund charge. CALL IF QUESTIONS...