High Speed Spindle Kit, HiTorque Mini Mill
- Fits HiTorque mini mills
- 5000 rpm top speed
- Includes two pulleys and a belt
- Belt is 350-5M-15, 70 teeth
It's important to have high speed bearings, as the standard bearings are not rated to 5000 rpm. Most LittleMachineShop.com HiTorque Mini Mills have high speed bearings--see the Chris' Tips tab.
The increased speed is great for small cutters such as those used for engraving. Just remember that doubling the speed will cut the torque in half.
This high speed spindle kit uses the same belt as the standard drive pulleys.
We do not have installation instructions completed yet, so you are on your own for installation. The pulleys are easy, but if you have to change the bearings you have to press the spindle out and back in. A hydraulic press makes it an easy task.
Switching pulleys to the original set shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
This product works with the following mills. (If your machine is not on this list, we cannot verify compatibility.)
- Micro-Mark 84630 MicroLux Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 3900 HiTorque Mini Mill
- SIEG SX2L Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 3960 HiTorque Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 3990 HiTorque Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 4190 HiTorque Mini Mill
- SIEG SX2LF Mini Mill