Digital Position Readout, 3-Axis Bluetooth Universal
- Fits milling machines with less than 32" total X-, Y-, and Z-axis travel
- Displays on any Android tablet with Bluetooth capability
- Resolution of 0.0002" (0.005 mm)
- 120-240 VAC Power supply
- Coolant and dust resistant
This kit includes 1 meter (39.4") of magnetic scale that you cut to the lengths required for your machine. The instructions tell you how to measure and cut the magnetic scale.
This package includes what you need to put a DRO on most any milling (or 3-in-one) machine. It includes a section of scale, three read heads, and a Bluetooth transceiver.
You must also get an Android tablet for the display on this DRO. We recommend a 7" screen size, and the tablet must have Bluetooth capability.
- On your Android tablet, go to Bluetooth Settings and Pair the DRO to your tablet. The name of the DRO is HC-06. The PIN is 1234.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install Yuriy's Toys TouchDRO.
- When you launch TouchDRO and tap Connect in the upper right corner.
|5498||Scale, Magnetic 1 Meter||One meter is usually enough for small mills. See Measuring for Scales below.|
|5499||Read Head, Magnetic||Get as many of these as you have axes on your machine.|
|5501||Transceiver, Bluetooth||This is the "sender" that talks to your Android Bluetooth phone or tablet.|
|5513||Android Tablet||Any Android phone or tablet works as long as it has Bluetooth capability.|
|Repeatability||0.0002" (0.005 mm)|
|Resolution||0.0002" (0.005 mm)|
|Specified Accuracy||0.0020" (0.050 mm) / 1 m travel|
|Accuracy / Foot||0.0020" (0.050 mm)|
|Accuracy / 100 Mm||0.0020" (0.050 mm)|
|Scales Cut to Length by User||Yes|
|Scale Protection||Coolant & dust resistant|
|Clear to Zero||Yes|
|Direct Entry of Position||Yes|
|Power Off Memory||No|
|Reversible Count Direction||Yes|
|Linear Error Compensation||No|
|Phone Tech Support||Free|
Screenshots of 3-Axis Universal Digital Position Readout
|Read head detail|
|Typical mounting of read head|
|Read head in mounting bracket|
|Close-up mounting end of scale|
|Example of a short scale in brackets|
|Close-up end of scale with bracket attached|